9 June 2023
The Training Pills for medical students are ready: AIIS Project
We completed the educational material (Training Pills) on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Skills
The University of Salamanca (USAL) and the AIIS consortium continue presenting new results of the AIIS Project: Artificial Intelligence, Innovation & Society. The project aims to improve medical students’ digital and soft skills with an innovative online program. In this phase, the consortium developed the AIIS Training Pills (Educational Material).
AIIS Training Pills
Educational Artificial Intelligence & Soft Skills Lessons for Medical Students
The consortium developed 12 lessons for Medical students to train them in Artificial Intelligence and help them develop their soft skills.
- Design: The consortium decided to design its Special Educational Material so that it is:
- Ideal for medical students,
- Based on the educational needs that arose from our research,
- Developed by AI & Soft Skills Experts,
- Structured by Educators with experience in teaching in universities.
- Form: for a holistic and exciting educational experience:
- 60 Videos: For an attractive way of learning for busy Medical students,
- 61 Presentations: For detailed information for students,
- 58 Projects: To test the level of knowledge gained from the lesson,
- 20 Thinking Zones: With additional material for a deep dive in the subjects.
- Digital Skills
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Expert systems and their role in the health sector
- Introduction to machine learning
- ΜMachine learning in healthcare
- Introduction to machine vision
- Image recognition in healthcare
- Soft skills
- Self-awareness and initiative
- Ability to adapt to different situations
- Work organization
- Work Ethics
- Digital Skills
- A Collaborative Learning Platform for Medical Students: The AIIS learning program was hosted in a virtual environment platform, specially designed for this program and accessible via computer using a mouse and keyboard or virtual reality (VR) headset.
Now we are working on our next results which are:
- Medical Student Workgroups to solve challenges using their knowledge of AI & Soft Skills
- Validation and Recognition of AIIS Training in Higher Institutions of Europe
In this project we created a strong consortium consisting of 9 Organizations (Universities and private companies:
- University of Salamanca (Project Leader), Spain
- CIBER ISCiii, Spain
- MEUS, Spain
- University of Turku, Finland
- Turku University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- University of Thessaly, Greece
- Science For You – SciFY, Greece
- Xebia, Netherlands
- University of Mons, Belgium
Meet the 36 professionals of our team here.
Join the AIIS community here to:
- get useful information about the current state of medical studies in EU countries
- try the educational platform we are building
- watch and participate in interesting actions for the future of medicine
Find us online
More about the project on the website: https://aiis.usal.es/
Project management: Pedro Luis Sánchez & María Jesús Santos, USAL aiis [at] usal [dot] es
Contact: Despina Chalvatzi, SciFY dchalvatzi [at] scify [dot] org
This project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme under KeyAction 2 (KA2), Cooperation for innovation and exchange of good practices, funded by the European Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).