8 November 2023
SciFY Academy Event: Environment & Innovation | Subject: Livable & Resilient Cities
Tuesday 14 November 2023 at 19.00 at INNOVATHENS of Technopolis City of Athens
Free Participation – Registration required
SciFY invites you to the first event of the“Environment & Innovation” series on “Livable & Resilient Cities”, on Tuesday 14 November 2023, at 19:00, which will take place at INNOVATHENS of Technopolis City of Athens(100 Piraeus 100 Gazi, 11854 Athens). The event is mainly aimed at professionals, researchers, and students from the fields of environment, technology, and finance.
Through this series of events of the SciFY Academy initiative (October 2023 – December 2023), SciFY aspires to create a discussion platform bringing together representatives of IT, the environment, and citizens, aiming to inform and inspire ways for a more sustainable future.
Our goal is to discover together:
- how innovation can bring positive results,
- what’s the role of technology, and what are its limits,
- what the roles of man and society are.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about new technologies, practical tools, and ways to achieve sustainability at the level of state, industry, and individual.
A few words about the speakers:
- The urban sustainability research projects in the Municipality of Trikkaia.
- Social innovation and environmental awareness.
- The mission for “100 Climate Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030”, in which Trikala participates.
She will be followed by Alexandros Papacharalampous, CEO-CTO of AETHON Engineering. In his speech, he will speak about the new data on improving the means of transport, so that it is a way of movement for everyone. In addition, it will provide answers to the following questions:
- Can we create equal access to transportation for everyone?
- Is it possible for Mass Transportation to be the main mode of transportation in modern cities?
Then, Kosmas Anagnostopoulos, MSc Transportologist-Urban Planner, Founder, and coordinator at CIVINET Greece-Cyprus, will talk about sustainable mobility in Greek cities through the example of Agios Dimitrios, Attica. Specifically, she will present to us:
- the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan, the participatory processes, innovative solutions, original awareness and road safety interventions, and actions connecting urban planning with culture.
- the usefulness of Artificial Intelligence in shaping new visions for city neighborhoods.
- How can we have a quality life in more sustainable cities, save resources, and protect the environment with technology as our ally?
- How can we turn our home into a “smart home” to minimize our impact on the environment?
- How important is energy and technologically efficient housing in creating sustainable cities?
In closing, Lydia Papadaki, Researcher at the Alliance of Excellence for Research and Innovation on Aephoria (AE4RIA), and Ph.D. candidate at the Athens University of Economics and Business will talk to us about the role of citizens in identifying solutions for resilient and sustainable cities More specifically:
- The Climathon initiative, which seeks to strengthen the actions of Municipalities and citizens to deal with climate change,
- Solutions that emerged from the Climathon in Greece,
- How the behavior of the participants changed in terms of sustainability and entrepreneurship.
SciFY Academy is a series of educational activities open to all who are interested organized by the non-profit organization Science For You – SciFY for the free diffusion of knowledge. Already, the beneficiaries up to date are more than 10,000, and the actions continue! Already, the beneficiaries up to date are more than 10,000, and the actions continue!
Free Registration Forms: https://www.eventora.com/el/Events/44SFAcademy